THE UNIVERSITY OF THE WEST INDIES
CENTRE FOR DISABILITY STUDIES
MONA, KINGSTON 7
GUIDELINES FOR PAPERS AT UWI-MONA REGIONAL DISABILITY STUDIES CONFERENCE
1. Identify the theme/topic that you intend to present on.
2. You can speak or present on the exact theme or a sub-theme for the particular topic.
3. State upfront, your perspective on the particular topic and state how it coincides/contrast with existing perspectives.
4. State the global trends on the area that you are presenting on.
5. Highlight what is the situation in the Caribbean today.
6. Are there any major differences between what exist in the Caribbean and the rest of the world?
7. Are the practices in keeping with the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities?
8. Make four (4) specific recommendations as to how we can increase the inclusion and participation of persons with disabilities in education in the Caribbean.
9. Your presentation should not exceed 15 minutes.
10. Your abstract should be submitted to the UWI Centre for Disability Studies, in Microsoft Word, by November 30, 2019 and full paper by January 31, 2020 at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.